Last Friday it was my birthday. In previous years this is one of the biggest events of the entire year for everyone I know, well at least that's what I like to believe. I usually celebrate for at least a week if not the whole month of June. For some reason this year it didn't seem as important to me as it has in the past. I'm not sure if that's because I'm getting older or if it has to do with Jackson. Either way my birthday still ended up being amazing without me making a big deal about it.
Two of our friends, Megan & Nadine, came out to visit us that week. So on my actual birthday we did a little site-seeing in downtown D.C. The baby did an amazing job with all the site-seeing, he was super happy all day and even was awake when we stopped at the Lincoln Memorial. It was the first time I rode the Metro without Josiah, which I thought was pretty awesome since I got us where we wanted to go without any troubles at all. I did almost have a minor freak out when we got to the Metro station and the elevator was broken so we had to take the escalator. It wouldn't have been so bad if it would have been a normal sized escalator but this thing was super steep and extremely long. Little did I know that Megan has experience with strollers and escalators, she pretty much man-handled that thing! Thanks Friend!!!
Photo courtesy of Megan....The HUGE escalator we took the stroller down and this isn't even from the top!
So all in all it was a pretty awesome day spent with the family and two great friends!! Let's hope 27 is as good to me as 26 was!
Too funny friend, got a good laugh out of this post! Can't wait to see you again in August!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday AGAIN. And seriously...that escalator is SCARY!!!
ReplyDelete