Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lazy Snack/Meal Fillers

Just an FYI I started this post about a month ago but things became a little crazy and blogging took a backseat.

I don't know about everyone else but I have lazy days and well sometimes those days turn into a lazy week. It was never a real big deal before we had Jackson. We would just eat random crap around the house for meals, example: string cheese, peanut butter, cereal and potato chips. Since Jackson has started to eat meals with us it has become more of a priority to get our crap together and have 3 meals a day instead of just 1-2.  We still have those lazy days/weeks and for that reason I usually have the following items in my house so when I'm lazy Jackson still gets a decent meal.

Brothers-ALL-Natural Fruit Crisps
I found these at the Commissary I do most of our grocery shopping at.  They are fantastic for meals & snacks and they are less than $1.00 a piece!! Each package contains a ton of fruit...I think the apple one contains about 1 1/2 apples. There is usually at least 1 package in the diaper bag at all times!



Single-Serve Frozen Vegetables
I usually buy Steam Work Organic Single Serve Corn, Broccoli and Green Beans. I couldn't find a website for them so here is something similar. These are awesome because I can pop a bag in the microwave for 3 minutes and I have some good veggies for the little man. Especially veggies that I won't eat like green beans. The single serve bags are perfect because we usually have enough for two different meals.



Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts
Jackson LOVES these! and I may like the strawberry ones I try to buy the organic line of them but the Commissary I shop at doesn't sell them so we usually have the regular in our house. These are fantastic for snacks in the living room or on the go. This is something we usually grab for the diaper bag when we go anywhere.


Earth's Best Organic Sesame Street Yogurt Rice Crisp Bars
This one can get a little messy but its an easy addition to any meal or to have as a snack.


Organic Just Strawberries
These are a little pricey but they are yummy! There are a ton of different varieties to choose from if you don't want strawberries. We usually have about 3 different kinds at our house and I try not to always buy the same kinds. They also have veggie kinds too if you are looking to add more veggies to the diet.

Now granted these aren't the only snacks and things that Jackson eats, we usually have fresh fruits and veggies to cut up for him, cheese slices, oatmeal, eggs, and bagels w/cream cheese or apple spread. We also have a couple bags of frozen berries, these are super messy and he only gets them on days I know he is getting a bath after breakfast, but its super easy to throw some frozen berries on his highchair while we are cooking breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. So nice to know I'm not the only mom out there that has a hard time some weeks...the kid eats ALL the time;) GREAT suggestions and loving that they're on the healthy/organic side! That's the way we lean too! I've made note of all of these:)

    ReplyDelete