Sunday, April 14, 2013

Long time coming

So life happened and blogging didn't for a long time...sorry, kind of

Here is some of what happened and hopefully maybe if I get a huge burst of energy I will go into more depth on some of these events in other posts.

~ My Dad came to visit the end of February/beginning of March. It was awesome to have him here. He helped a ton with Jackson and even watched him so the Man and I could go on a little date!

~ The Man joined a geek club at school....apparently our schedules weren't busy enough so he thought we should add another thing to the agenda.  In all reality I am really happy that he joined this club, he loves it and it gives him some time to himself that isn't work or school, its just fun.

~ The Man was scheduled to go on a 1 week det for Navy Reserves. He has to do 2 weeks every year. After finding out he was going about 3-4 weeks before he was suppose to leave and getting lucky enough that the Man's Mom could come out and watch Jack so I didn't have to take a weeks worth of vacation to sit at home with the little man. Two days before he was suppose to leave that changed and now he is going for 2 weeks in the beginning of June. And that's life in the military

~ Like I said above my Mother-In-Law was a saint and took off of work to come out in the middle of March and watch Jackson with very short notice. Even though the Man didn't end up leaving it was amazing having her out here. She helped did all of our laundry for us and also agreed to watch Jack so we could have another little date!

~ Easter happened! Jackson's technically 2nd Easter, last year he came home from the hospital Easter Sunday. The Man had to work, Jackson had a cold, and I ended up getting one of the worst flu's ever that night. Jackson loved his Easter basket and didn't mind that we didn't end up having a special meal or anything else.

~ We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! We didn't do anything to special but the Man did have off of work so we were able to have an at home date night together after Jackson went to bed and it was perfect!

~ Jackson had his 1st birthday!!!!! Yep that's right we have a toddler in our house now.  The Man had drill on his birthday so Jack and I spent the day together playing and just hanging out. When the Man got home we did cake & presents. It was simple but I don't think Jack minded.

~ Family Vacation!!! The Man and I both took a couple days off of work and headed to the ocean this past week. We rented a fully furnished condo for 2 nights...it was incredibly relaxing! The only thing that could have made it better would have been if Jackson wouldn't have gotten sick.

Well that pretty much summarizes all the extra things that happened in my life besides the normal work, baby, husband, house duties.  I am hopeful that I will get at least some pictures up from some of these events but bare with me since my Mom arrives on Friday and I have a huge work thing happening next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment