Friday, July 12, 2013

Jackson Part 2

So I realized that I left out a bunch of stuff I had intended to post in the update about Jackson.  So here is what else is up with Jack!

~ He has 11 teeth now! His front 8 have been in since 12 months and since May he has been slowly getting his molars in. 3 of them are visible and I'm hoping the 4th comes through before our trip to WI. It could be the vaca from hell if it decides to try and appear then!

~ He is starting to say words and tries to get his point across. The words we think he is saying are: more, water, ball, hello. He also roar's like a lion and moo's like a cow when ever he sees a cow.

~ If you ask him where the following things are he can usually get them right once in awhile he gets hung up on a couple of them: eyes, ears, hair, belly, nose, tongue

~ Jackson has also started helping put his toys away at night and during the day. He knows where they belong and will take them there again this is usually because he gets distracted fairly easily, I blame his dad :) and put them where they go. The only hang up we have is that after he puts it away he gets super excited and then takes it back down/out to play with it again. So I have to quickly get to him on to something else after putting his toys away so he doesn't take them back out right after putting them away.

~ We are working on eliminating the bottle. Towards the end of June we cut him off cold turkey from a bottle before his afternoon nap, didn't phase him. The next week we cut him off from the bottle in the morning, it was harder on the Man and I than him! And now about 2 weeks after that I am trying to weaning him off of his bedtime bottle. Instead of giving him a full 8-9 oz bottle at bedtime I have been lowering the amount in the bottle everyday...tonight his bottle had 5 oz. and he didn't even finish it all. I'm sure he would be fine getting cut off cold turkey like the other two but I am selfish and I really enjoy our current bedtime routine and I am afraid I won't get as many bedtime snuggles...judge away but Jackson gives some pretty amazing snuggles! I should also mention that the week before we started any of this we started putting milk in a sippy cup just to get Jackson use to the idea that milk doesn't just come from bottles. I think this helped a lot because the first couple of days he would take a drink expecting water and make a disgusted face and have nothing to do with it. After a few days he got use to the thought of milk or water being in his sippy cups. So now in the morning Jackson is given a sippy cup of milk when he wakes up and usually drinks that while snuggling with the Man for an hour. Then he has breakfast, after that he gets some snacks and a morning nap. At lunch he gets another sippy cup of milk to drink between then and his afternoon nap. After nap time he might get a little snack while I'm cooking up supper and then he gets another sippy cup of milk with supper. Then around 6:30 - 7 p.m. he is usually hungry again so he gets another snack and then at 7:30 - 8 its books, bottle and bedtime. Hopefully by the end of next week it will just be books & bedtime. this bullet got much longer than I intended!


No comments:

Post a Comment