Monday, October 14, 2013

The Name Game

First I would like to apologize that I haven't posted anything about this pregnancy since we announced it way back in June.

Now as promised way back then here is a little bit of the baby name battle that the Man and I had.

The Man pretty much doesn't like any name that starts with a vowel...weird I know. And I really like the thought and idea of the name having meaning and purpose other than that I found it in a baby book, or in our case on an app.

As it currently stands we are 99.9% sure what this sweet baby girl will be named and we have shared it with a few people...but here our a few of the names that made my list and why:

- Emmalynn Marjorie: lets start with Marjorie, that is both of my grandma's names and really want it to be apart of this little girls name. Emmalynn I heard on a show and liked it, part of it that I liked was that Lynn is my mom's middle name so it would have some importance other than the tv show I heard it on. As you probably guessed the Man vetoed it pretty quick because he doesn't like names ending in Lynn...it reminds him of the movie Ted and therefore our child will never have a name ending in Lynn.

- Harper Marjorie: other than the middle name this name has no significance except we like it.

- Aidah Marjorie: this is one that wad added by the Man...weird since it starts with a vowel but whatever. I personally wasn't a big fan of it and would actually prefer to spell it Ada or Aida. Again nothing significant about this first name.

- Marjorie Elaine: Elaine is my mother-in-law's middle name and would be after her. Marjorie again after my g-ma's.  If this name would be chosen I would want to call her Jorie.  The Man has big issues with naming your child one thing with the intention to call them something else...I tried to explain that this was a little different since it would be after someone but he didn't agree.

- Jorie Elaine: This is basically the same reason as the last so no need to repeat.

Well those are the main names that made the list. Granted there were many other ones I had on there that the Man said absolutely not to like Ava or Avery. As I said before we have basically decided on a name and not that it's a secret, because it's not people know and can share with other people, but I'm not going to post it on here until she is born. This was the longest it took us to agree on a name...with my last two pregnancies we had a boy and a girl name basically decided on by 8 weeks pregnant and this time we didn't decide until probably a month ago!

Side note: this post was completely written on my phone in between playing with Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment