Most nights we try and pack at least one box or cross off one more thing off of the to-do list...this list is almost 2 notebook pages long, we have a lot of shit to do before we move!! So tonight was no different we packed up all of our my shoes that will not be needed for the next month. As you can see from the picture below I might have slight shoe addiction...now I do know a few people that have WAY more shoes that I do, just for the record. Good thing we packed those up after I ordered 2 new pairs of boots from VS...they were 75% off, how could you not buy any! I really hope I can walk in the one pair, they are 5" heel! And every girl needs a pair of booties :) I am a little upset because when I went to find those links I see they added a bunch of new boots that I might have bought instead of a different pair. Don't judge my scatter braininess and how we went from packing to buying boots at VS, it's the baby!
All 3 white bins are full of shoes!
After that was all done we also packed up the diaper bag, which is actually what reminded me to blog...don't ask. I really understand that most normal people put diapers and things that you need to change a dirty diaper but our diaper bag is filled with clothes, blankets and even 2 bottles. We figure that if this baby does decide to make his appearance before we get to our new place or before the moving truck gets there we need to be able to keep him warm and feed him. So we figured we will just buy diapers, wipes and things like that again I don't really even know what other things we will need once the baby arrives or after we get settled into our new place. Are fingers are crossed that we can repack the diaper bag with all the necessities whatever they may be after we are settled into the new place and before the baby arrives.
Next to tackle is packing a hospital bag for me...again I have NO clue as to what should go in this bag but it will be packed by the end of the weekend! If anyone has any suggestions provided that people actually read this I am totally open to hear what I should/shouldn't pack.
Toothbrush, tooth paste, and a couple comfy outfits...you will not want to live in hospital gowns for 3 days! My guess is you will spend most of your time either sleeping or hanging out with the kid...I doubt you will get bored! Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteAs long as I had my iPhone I seemed to be fine. But Chris gets bored easily so I knew I would need things for him to do depending on how much time he was going to spend with me. Needless to say, by baby #2 he was going back to work the next day until I came home! He doesn't do boring hospital time well!
ReplyDeleteGeesh I'm scared to see how many boxes it will take to move my shoes, I still have one huge tote in the garage that I switch shoes in and out of to lighten the load in my room:)-friend-
ReplyDeleteI agree on the toothbrush/toothpaste. Also - headbands or hair ties - shampoo and other normal toiletries. I took some comfy (aka big) sweatshirts and sweatpants and things like that. I took a deck of cards that I never even had a chance to think about once she came out. Brandon did take a book and had time to read that in the 2 days of waiting for her. But after he comes out, your "free" time will mostly be feeding him, changing him, and sleeping. Trust me, I was in the freaking hospital for a solid week, and the only time I got bored in the least was before she came out (but she took 2 full days to even start!). Then another 4 days after she arrived - between people visiting us, nurses and docs checking on me and checking on her, we barely had any time to stop to think. Snacks are a good idea too. We had food from the cafeteria available pretty much 24/7, but it was nice to have random chocolate fixes when I wanted them.
ReplyDeleteI'm sooooo excited for you. You'll have to email me your new address so I can send you and the baby something special! I cannot imagine moving across the country being that pregnant...Good luck! Kelly