So on to what is actually going on....
Last week the movers came and picked up all our stuff. If you have ever dealt with a moving company before you will completely understand how frustrating it can be.
This is what happened: they called on Friday and said they would be there Monday. So we rushed to pack EVERYTHING we owned over the weekend.
just the stuff in the kitchen...the living room, and spare bedroom looked just like this!!
Monday came and we packed up the last few things and waited and waited some more and then waited some more. Once 4 p.m. rolled around we were a little concerned and not really that impressed. So we called the company and they kindly informed us they weren't coming till Tuesday morning which happened to be right when I needed to be on the phone for a work conference call, how convenient! So I call my boss and explain that there is a chance I won't be on the call. 10 min. later the moving company calls back and informs they won't be there now until sometime Wednesday afternoon, really people you changed your pick-up time in 20 min! So finally Wednesday afternoon the movers got here and loaded all 100 and something items we had as we just sat there and watched.
So now the Man and I have been living in our apartment with basically nothing, not even joking. We currently have 2 suitcases with clothes, an air-mattress, 2 lawn chairs, some old knives, 2 small cookie sheets and then our computers and my work printer. As you can imagine at 33 weeks pregnant I am extremely uncomfortable and I am pretty sure every day is a battle for me to be in a good/positive mood about the surroundings. I am really hoping that the moving truck arrives at our new place the day after we do so I don't have to sit in another lawn chair for a really really long time!!! I am totally not counting on that happening and I am figuring that we will be with the same things for at least a week in our new apartment...makes me want to cry just thinking about it!
the latest in living room furniture!
But the good side of things we are leaving on our road trip in about 3 days...it all depends on when I get done with work on Wednesday. To say the Man and I are excited does not even come close to how we feel about getting out of this 'black hole' of a town. We are over the moon excited to basically start a whole new life in a completely different location.
I would like to apologize for the extremely lengthy & wordy post...I will work on taking more pictures and posting more often once we are all settled in!
SO excited for you guys! Have an amazing road trip!!!:)
ReplyDelete