So I spoke to soon....here I stated that we finally got back into a routine, well that is all changing...
Here is how a typical week would look for us:
Monday - Wednesday: I would go into work in the morning and be home by 1:30 at the latest, the Man then left for work at 2, Jackson would be sleeping by 8, I would work from home from 8-11, the Man gets home around 11:30, we go to bed and wake up and do it all over again
Thursday: I would go to work in the morning I don't have to be home by a certain time since the Man has off on Thursdays & Fridays, I get home and we have some family time, the Man leaves for class around 5, Jackson goes to bed by 8, I work from home from 8-10 if I need to, the Man gets home from class around 10, we hang out for a bit, we go to bed and wake up and do it all over again
Friday: the Man leaves for class at 7, he gets home around 11:30, I go into work in the afternoon, I come home, hang out as a family, Jack goes to bed by 8, we hang out & then go to bed
Saturday - Sunday: We hang out as a family in the morning, the Man goes to work at 2, Jack goes to bed by 8, If I feel like it I will do some work from home from 8-11, the Man gets home around 11:30 and we then go to bed.
Now all of that will be changing because last week the Man was 'bumped' from his job. He works at a place that is union, so if someone with more seniority and the right qualifications decides they like someone with less seniority's job they can take it. Just to clarify there they consider your job to be what shift you work, what days off you have & if you have holidays off or not. The Man is in the electrician field, so only people in that field would be able to 'bump' him from his job. Because he was notified that he was 'bumped' from his job he has so many days to put a bid in on another job. If he is the most senior person to bid on that job then he gets it or he could bump someone else from their job if he wanted. Last week Wednesday the scramble was on to find a job that worked with my work schedule & his school schedule and a job that hopefully no one will bump him from in a week! Well starting Monday, a.k.a. tomorrow, the Man will now be working 3rd shift, 11 p.m. - 7 a.m., and have Wednesday and Thursdays off.
We are crossing our fingers that we can settle into a good routine fast and that maybe 3rd shift will work for our family better than 2nd shift did. The whole Wednesday & Thursdays off will always suck since I have Saturday & Sundays off but we will manage since we know that this is not a forever routine and what we have to do for our family at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment