This week really has been pure craziness for all of us. Jackson has been cutting his first tooth and The Man had reserves this weekend but instead of the typical Saturday - Sunday drill they made it a 4-day, Thursday - Sunday.
This is how Thursday - Sunday looked for us:
Thursday: the Man left for reserves at 6 a.m., the babysitter got here at 9:30, I got home around 2, the Man got done with reserves at 4 and went directly from there to class and got home around 10 p.m.
Friday: the Man left for class at 7 a.m. and then went directly from class to reserves, he got home around 5:30, we packed everything up and headed to the Brewer/Nationals game more on the game later, we got home from the game around 11 and went to bed.
Saturday & Sunday: the Man left for reserves at 6 a.m. and then went directly to work afterwards, he got home around 11:30 p.m. I do realize that Sunday is not over but it will be the same as Saturday
What these 4 days have taught me is that I do not think I could be a stay-at-home-mom! well maybe I could be a stay-at-home-mom if the Man would have been home more than just the 5 hours he was here sleeping and the little man isn't cutting teeth Nothing around the house got done & I am exhausted in every possible way I know the Man is too...I also have a ton of work that I needed to do from home over these 4 days and have not started any of it, so it looks like as soon as the little man goes to sleep tonight I will be working. It is days/weeks like these that make me wish we lived closer to our family and friends!! And I am so so so thankful that the Man is no longer active duty I can't imagine him deploying for 8 months or only being home for a total of 15 weeks of the year (like 2011) now that Jack is in our lives and that reserves only happens once a month and 2 weeks out of the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment