2012 has been an incredibly crazy year for the Man and me. We were blessed enough to welcome Jackson into our lives and family. This little boy has filled a void in our family that we didn't even know existed and has brought so much joy and happiness to us. On the flip side of that besides having a baby we had a cross country move, the Man returning from a 6 month deployment, the Man finding a job and starting college and I transferred my job to a knew location. All of those things combined have lead to probably the hardest year the Man and I have had to deal with. Don't get me wrong, there is much love in this marriage and I am completely confident in our ability to work through any and all issues that the future will have for us and that we will have way more good days than we will ever have bad moments.
Reading the blog post this guy wrote about ways he blew his marriage really struck home with me. I sure as heck don't want to blow mine! And I saw things that he said he did and would change that I know I have done. Granted I
And just in case people are wondering Josiah & I are both extremely happy in our marriage and we both continue to work and strive for a better relationship than we had the day before. And I actually believe that currently we are achieving that and I think these last couple months of 2012 are going to be amazing with very little bumps in our way. And I know that the issues Josiah and I have had this year a lot of people would probably consider very minor in their marriage but for us it was/is a new thing to deal with and a big deal (don't get me wrong we have had fights before this year, just not as many and they didn't last as long)
Great blog friend! I'll definitely be keeping these things in mind for dating also.
ReplyDelete