Last week I think sometime we received a letter from our apartment complex about resigning our lease. At first I thought it was crazy to get something already since our lease isn't up until March 1st but after reading the letter it states you must give them 60 day written notice if you are not resigning which would be December 31st...holy crap that's just around the corner!!
Back to the point of this letter, it also informed us that our rent would be increasing a minimum of almost 8.5% we would have to sign a 12 month lease for that increase, any other lease agreement would result in a higher increase. When I first read this I was floored....almost 8.5% increase, thats f'in insane!! I know that the area we live in is extremely expensive compared to other areas we have lived but that is a huge increase. As it is we probably already pay more in rent than most of you pay for your mortgage...typing that made me a little sick.
Bottom line, the hunt is on for a new apartment. We are hoping to get something in a safe neighborhood with a yard or at least a park for Jackson to play at and if we are lucky a place that has storage! Storage may seem a little odd to want but currently we have totes filling every closet and also sitting randomly throughout our house it's annoying!
Hopefully I will be able to post soon about a new place but if not I guess we will just suck it up and pay the 8.5% increase.
GOOD LUCK! That's just crazy!!! Can't wait to see the new place!!!:)
ReplyDelete