Monday, February 11, 2013

Back on Track

I think it was 2 years ago that I really decided to try and become a better reader.  The initial start was slow but then the Man deployed and my sister came to live with me for 4 1/2 months....she happens to be a big time reader.  So we started "sister reading time" which is pretty self explanatory. Every day we would just turn everything off and just spend 30 min or an hour reading.  It was great in the short time Nicki was living with me, I managed to read 4-6 books.  Then she left and the Man came home, then we packed everything, moved across the country, and had a baby....so needless to say my reading has been non-existent.  

My friend over at thesmiths.hugitout completely reminded me that I should really be reading more than just the 4-8 books I read Jackson everyday...I really should be reading books for myself as well.  So I found a book that I have owned for awhile and haven't read and started it.  I told myself that I was going to read just a chapter a day. To me this meant I didn't need to set aside a ton of time toward reading because lets be real, I don't have a ton of spare time! I then told the Man that he should start doing the same thing...and low and behold we are both reading again!! I actually finished my book yesterday and I will start a new book tonight.

If any of you are looking for a pretty funny book I recommend  Are You There, Vodka? It's Me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler. I had already read her first book My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands and laughed through the whole book, so I figured reading her second one would be a good way to kick off getting back on track with reading.  And I was right, I enjoyed reading a chapter a day...sometimes more :)  



Tonight I am going to start reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. My Mom actually bought me this book last year for Christmas and since she said it was a tear jerker I made the decision to wait until I wasn't pregnant to start reading it :)


1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Happy to inspire you to get back to reading!!! I force myself to do it..at least once a week:):) I'm gonna add Chelsea's books to my list. I love the funny ones!
    And I've read My Sister's Keeper....Jodi Picoult has some seriously emotional books...you're gonna cry...big time!:)

    ReplyDelete