Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Airport Frustrations!

As I promised in the previous post, I am doing a "flashback" post.  To get everyone fully up-to-speed I might repeat a few things already stated.....you will just have to deal with it :)

On to the point...

I traveled back to Wisconsin unexpectedly Sunday June 19th and was to return to California late Thursday June 23. Here is how the trip from FAT to CWA went:
   - First flight departed at 7:00 am, by 7:30 the guy sitting in the isle seat was telling me a little too much about his life and how he was going to party it up in Miami while being there on a business trip.  By 7:45 the same guy bought himself 2 bloody marys and me 1.  8:15 the same guy was now sing and dancing to some great 80's & 90's music  very very funny.  9:00 same guy are you noticing a trend on this flight???? bought my a 2nd bloody mary and himself a 3rd  keep in mind that he proceeded to tell me that it was on his wifes credit card and that since it was father's day it was ok.  By now I am laughing really hard at this guy and personally think he might be going through a mid-life crisis but it doesn't end here.  He ends up passing out by 10 am and sleeping the entire rest of the flight.....I went the opposite direction as he did when we got off the plane even though he offered to buy me lunch


   - My next two flights weren't that interesting so I don't have much to say about them.....they did however arrive on-time and everything was great in Dallas and Chicago that is where my 2 layovers were


Now for the trip from CWA to FAT:
   - Get to CWA to find out that the previous flight from Chicago to LAX was cancelled, so they put me on other flights just in case mine got cancelled as well.  Then find out that my plane is delayed over an hour....panic now is setting in because I realize I will have about a 10 min. window to get off of this plane and run to my board my next flight in Chicago


   - Landed in Chicago, got off the plane super fast but ended up that my carry-on, which was stowed underneath the plane,  was one of the last ones unloaded.  So I ended up missing my connecting flight.  No worries at CWA they already booked me on a totally different route so I am still good to go just postponed about 2 hours  at least that is what I thought!  Get to my new gate and go to get my ticket and then learn that now that plane is delayed by 45 min.  OMG this is getting annoying!!!   I finally board that plane to realize that when I land in Phoenix I once again have about a 25 min window to get to my next flight....Oh wait there is a light bulb out on the plane make that now a 10 min window.  


   -  Got to Phoenix and didn't get off the plane as fast as I would have liked or needed too.  So I end up missing that connecting flight by about 10 min too.  So now I go to the terminal that I need to be in and they kindly inform me that there are 5 daily flights from Phoenix to Fresno  I was extremely excited for about a second  but the earliest one they could get me on was at 8 pm on Friday, mind you it is about 11:30 pm on Thursday....that is a long frickin time to spend in one airport!  They do inform me that I should be able to fly stand-by and get on one of the 3 earlier flights and that I should be able to go back to the terminal I came from and get a free hotel room from the airline that brought me to Phoenix.  So I went back to the other terminal by the way this is not that easy of a process, just for the record and just as my luck would have it there was not a single person working and I was told that the earliest anyone would be in was around 4 am  CAN I CATCH A BREAK YET!!!!  So I go back to the terminal that I will be flying out of sometime in the next 24 hours to sleep on the floor like a bum.  Got up at 4 am and got in line to get my stand-by ticket, went to go to my gate to realize that even thought I have not left the airport at all I had to go through security again.  Went to my gate to find out they switched the gate to the other side of the terminal....not cool!  First flight to FAT is boarding.....my stand-by ticket got me on the flight!!  YAY!!!


   -  Finally landed in Fresno at 11:30 Friday morning


Sorry that this was so long and maybe even boring for you.  It was extremely frustrating for me.  Moral of the story always bring a blanket/pillow or even both! Sleeping on an airport floor by yourself is not comfy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment