the Man and I just hanging out have a grand ole time, all smiles and laughter.
5-10 min later I am completely upset and frustrated.
the Man asks whats wrong and I proceed to inform him that we will be the WORST PARENTS EVER! because we have absolutely nothing for when this baby arrives.
So being this was the 1st breakdown I have had at least that the Man was home for, to say he was a little shocked at how fast the mood went from happy laughter to almost tears is an understatement. But I do have to say he handled it pretty well. After listening to everything I was saying about how we wouldn't be able to take care of our baby because we didn't even own a diaper bag, bottles or more than 3 outfits (that would fit him before 3 months). He agreed that we might want to change our minds and buy a few more things now so we are not scrambling to get everything ready in the new apartment plus buying everything we will need for the baby 2-3 weeks before the baby is suppose to arrive. That night we ended up purchasing over $100 worth of baby things that we will need and then this weekend we went to Babies R Us and got another $200 worth of stuff. Who knew baby stuff was so expensive!! ok well most of you probably knew that because you have had a baby or two but the Man and I were a tad surprised at how fast everything added up and how little we actually got.
Here are some of the things we got:
-a little jacket
-about 10 different onsies/sleepers/outfits
-a diaper bag
-bottles
-bottle cleaner
-sheets for the pack-n-play
-thermometer
-burp clothes
Now I know we have tons of things we still need to purchase but I at least feel like if this baby decides to come a little early we will have enough things to at least bring our baby home from the hospital. We might have gone a little overboard since our goal was to only buy what we thought we really needed & not too much of anything and we probably didn't need to buy as much clothes as we actually did but its all so cute!!
And now everything is good and I might even go have some ice cream :)
I laughed at this...very hard! Brings back many many pregnancy memories for me! Let's just say I was...unstable.
ReplyDelete