Since we started this Monday morning at breakfast the first food we gave Jackson to try was toast with cream cheese spread on top, cut into 4 strips. We took the bread and put it in the toaster on the bagel setting so it only toasted it on the one side. Which made it not super hard but yet not like normal bread that would get stuck on the roof of his mouth. At first Jackson was just picking it up and kind of playing with it. Then he saw the Man and I eating our toast, so he started putting it in his mouth! Overall I think he really liked it. He made a complete mess but that comes with the Baby Led Weaning, BLW, territory and he didn't 'really' eat any of it....which is also expected. If I didn't mention it yet probably not
Here are some photos from his first week of trying food!
The 3 above are all from the 1st food we gave him: toast w/cream cheese spread
I can't wait to see him continue to eat and try new foods! This week he even swallowed parts of some of the foods....the gagging part is probably the hardest part for me. But gagging is a good thing, it teaches him how much he can put in his mouth and if he is gagging he is still breathing :) Actually the gagging does not seem to bother him at all. He will gag and cough a piece of food up that went a little to far back and then he just smiles and puts some more in his mouth!!
I am hoping to do more individual posts about the foods he tries and how he reacts to them and the different ways they are prepared.
No comments:
Post a Comment