Monday, June 24, 2013

Big News!!!

Well hello there fellow bloggers, it's me, “The Man” as Wendy refers to me here on her blog.
For some reason she thought it would be a good idea for me to write a guest blog.
So here's my story and I'm sticking to it.

After being married to genius for 3 years, you would think that my wife would learn to take what I have to say a little more seriously sometimes...

So let me take you back a few months real quick before I break some news to you.
My wife and I decided we were going to have another baby. We already have a boy, so naturally, she tells me that since it's the male that determines the sex of the baby, that I need to have a talk with my sperm and only send over “Girl” sperms which I can only assume she is referring to the sperm that contain only the X chromosome, but for the sake of the story, lets just call them “Girl” sperms.
Well I found out very early that in general, it's easiest to just humor her and go along with her plans. So there I was, giving my manhood a pep-talk about how all the “Y's” can stay out of this one, and take a breather.

Fast forward a few months... WHOA!!! we're pregnant, I say we as in just Wendy, not we as in I somehow miraculously conceived a child along with my wife... that would just be awkward “hey honey, I'm pregnant!” “Me too?”... anyway, back on track... We're pregnant! So we tell our families, and I inform them that it's going to be a girl. They all said the same thing “Oh, you're that far along already?” no, no, we weren't, but I figured it's my body, why shouldn't I have complete control over what it does! So I was VERY confident that this was a girl, seeing as only “Girl” sperms went over. Somehow people didn't believe me and were still skeptical, INCLUDING MY WIFE!

Fast forward again a few months, and back to the beginning of this story, Here I am sitting in the doctors office with my wife's belly exposed, and a starving baby (because we OBVIOUSLY never feed him) devouring a cup of cheerio's on my lap.
After what seems to be close to an eternity, she finally breaks the news:



“It's a Girl”



Knowing now the back story, you're probably not surprised by this news... but you'd be SHOCKED at how many people take the statement “I already know it's a girl because I only sent over “Girl” sperms” as a joke... some people I tell ya, can't talk sense into them to save your life!


Well that's the big news, we are having a healthy, and female, baby!



Now, onto bigger points of interest.... The naming war!
More to come on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment