So instead of doing some household chores while Jack is napping I thought blogging would be a better use of my time...the Man will probably disagree with me on this one, oops!
Things have been a little crazy around here lately and I don't think they are going to slow down anytime soon.
The Man and I are currently on the hunt for a house to buy...this renting crap is for the birds! I mean, I really love the pool, playground and the sense of security our apartment building has but seriously we pay a crap load of money every month in rent and we could have a mortgage for probably less. And with the Man getting this new awesome job we are probably going to be sticking around this area for at least another 5 years. I do realize I haven't filled you guys in about the Man's new job...its on the list of posts to do!
Here is the problem with house hunting in the D.C. area....its NOTHING like house hunting in the central Wisconsin area. I'm talking about paying over $300,000 for house that is barely 1,000 square feet and requires you to park on the street did I mention I refuse to parallel park. So the hunt is on to find us a house that will cost us either the same or less per month than what we are paying, is in a good/safe neighborhood you wouldn't believe the number of sex offenders that will pop up in a mile radius of pretty much every house, good school district, not too long of a commute for either one of us and won't require us to stick a crap load of money into it. Our current lease is up the end of February but our apartment requires a 90 day notice of moving out, so basically we have to find something by the end of December.
We are also on the hunt for a vehicle with 3rd row seating. Now most people would just say they are looking for a van but neither one of us every imagined purchasing/driving/owning a van EVER in our lives. It's not something we are excited about but it's something we need to do for when we have people out here visiting us. We don't want to spend a lot of money because as I mentioned before we are trying to buy a house in what seems like the most expensive area in the world this isn't true San Francisco is more expensive :) My take on a van is if I can't have a newer mini van that doesn't seem so much like a van then I should just go all out and get a 15 person van with carpeting on the floor, walls & ceiling. Apparently the Man's family had a 15 passenger van when he was growing up...makes sense seeing has there was 8 kids in the family, it was either that or get a school bus and I'm guessing the van is better on gas :) So the Man is not as on-board with me on going all out with the van thing so its looking like we will end up with some sort of mini-van in the near future and say good bye to our trusty PT Cruiser.
No comments:
Post a Comment