I'm trying out a new blogging app today...fingers crossed that this answers all of my problems and hopefully will then save myself a couple hundred dollars from a laptop!
I've read a ton of peoples blogs lately with their 2014 resolutions. I am not big on resolutions, instead I take more of a goals approach to it. I already have daily, weekly, and monthly goals that are in my head and sometimes even get written down. Why wouldn't I set up yearly!
Looking back on last years goals I have to say I think we did pretty good on achieving them. We did everything on that list except for the last two goals. And the last goal, a trip to Switzerland, was basically thrown out the window when we found out we were pregnant last year. We also didn't get to go to New York City for Jackson's 1st birthday but we went to the ocean instead and made our trip to New York this past fall...so it still counts as a successful goal in my book!
Now for 2014!
Goal #1
To double the amount of money in our savings. We really want to get enough money in our savings to put down a nice down payment on a house someday. Last year we exceeded our money saving goal by cutting out a few things, so I'm hoping that we can do the same this year.
Goal #2
As usual, at least for us, take at least 1 family trip back to Wisconsin. It is extremely important that our kids grow up knowing their extended family and why the Man and I have such a love for everything Wisconsin has to offer even the -29 degree temps before the wind chill we experienced there a couple of weeks ago. The kids and I are planning a trip back this spring for my cousins wedding but the Man won't be able to make it do to his obligations to the Navy Reserves. So we are hoping for one more trip back! So I guess we already technically fulfilled this goal but we are hoping to make it happen 1 more time this year!
Goal #3
To go on at least one family vacation not to Wisconsin. You may find this hard to believe but our trips back to WI are not the most relaxing. There are about 50 people that we need to see and about 20 others that we want to see in a very short amount of time. This family vacation doesn't need to be anything huge but a 4 day weekend away would be amazing!
I would say that sums up our huge family goals for the year. I mean we do have more sentimental goals that pretty much stay the same from year to year: raise two beautiful, happy, healthy kids; be better people; love more and fight less. I also have a few personal goals that I hope to work on/accomplish this year: take more time for myself; become a better house wife; do better at my job; read more.
Here's to a great 2014!!
No comments:
Post a Comment