Friday, May 20, 2011

Big Sister

Since I have been 5 years old I have been a big sister.  I didn't always like the job or title but I am stuck always going to be one.  Over the years I have grown to like my sister more and more :)  Ok so I always liked her but there have been A LOT of days where I was not her biggest fan.  You know the days where you have to clean up her mess or get blamed for teaching her swear words or how to flick people.....I still stand my ground that my parents, aunts, uncles and other family friends taught my sister these things!!!

But now I find myself preparing for her to temporarily move out to California.  If you did not already know, Nicki has a summer internship in San Jose, CA for the summer and will be arriving in Fresno on Monday.  I am so excited to have someone I know living within 3 hours of me! I am very proud of her for getting such an awesome internship but the location is less than ideal for her to move everything she needs to live on her own.  Granted the school is providing her housing and essentials like a bed, sheets, towels, dresser and pots & pans.  But you still need a comforter, transportation, tv and many other things.  So as she is packing her bags, I am thinking of everything else she might need and if I have it or not.

Then there are the things that I know I didn't have but being her BIG SISTER I knew I wanted her to have, like pepper spray.  So I bought some for her and myself and it arrived in the mail late last week.  I also found her a bicycle so she can get around.  So people of San Jose beware I am letting Nicki on the loose with a bike and pepper spray!!!

Who knows what else she will need but I do know that since she is my little sister it is part of my job to make sure she has it....especially when I am the only person she knows in the state!!

Nicki & I at my bridal shower!

1 comment: