This past weekend Nicki and I were able to go to the airshow that was held on the Navy base to help celebrate 100 years of Naval Aviation. I was really excited about everything the airshow had to offer, since I had never been to one before.
Events of the day:
We had to get up way too early on a Saturday...6:30 a.m. The gates opened at 8 a.m. for everyone to start coming onto base and to check out the booths at the show. The actual airshow did not start until 10 a.m. Well Nicki and I were on base by 8:15 we were both very proud of this! Once there we set up our lawn chairs and then headed to check out all the different jets and planes. All the events of the airshow ended at 4:30. Yep we were there from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. granted it would have been that bad except it was at least 90 degrees!!! Needless to say Nicki and I both left a little sun burnt oops should have bought some sunscreen before we went
Up & Down: Blue Angel Jets
Up: Hang-glider that just landed
Up: World War II planes
Overall I had a fantastic time and the Blue Angels are amazing!! If you ever get the chance to see them definitely go. The day was a little long with the heat we were dealing with but it was still worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment