Earlier this week I had the privilege of driving to Las Vegas for work. We would only stay one night and my hotel was completely paid for. Being the good sister that I am Nicki has never ever been to Vegas I decided to bring her with for the 2 day trip.
Here is about how the trip went:
~ Drove 6 hours with 2 stops along the way
~ Found our hotel in North Las Vegas not near the strip but very close to the base I was working at the next morning
~ Took a $45 cab ride to the strip Yep thats right $45 one way cab ride just so I could let my sister experience the strip for the first time
~ Saw some crazies while walking along the strip
~ Gave Nicki $20 so she could actually gamble You guessed it, she came to Vegas with $12 in her pocket...she some how managed to lose her debit card & drivers license in the 2 months she has been living with me
~ Walked the strip closer to our hotel in hopes of a cheaper cab ride back...Took a cab back and paid in cash this time so it only was a $35 ride
~ Went to bed, woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed whatever that is suppose to mean
~ Gave Nicki the iPad, $20 and the spare car key and told her to wait for me at the food court till I was done with work. I worked over 4 hours.
~ Left Vegas to start our 6 hour journey home but decided to stop at the casino on the Nevada/California border for lunch.
~ Decided to try our luck at gambling again. Nicki lost what she had left from the money I gave her earlier and I ended up winning $35.
~ Drove the rest of the way home. Had to wait in road construction for about almost an hour.
So that about summarizes our 2 day trip to Las Vegas and back. It was a lot of fun jamming out to 'family-sing-a-longs' during the car rides. The only part that sucked was having to get up super early the rest of the week to work...but I guess thats life!
No comments:
Post a Comment