Monday, July 9, 2012

Back To Work

I know its a little late but 3 weeks ago I went back to work.  It was bittersweet, as I really do love my job but I wasn't ready to leave the baby. Luckily for me my job is pretty flexible and I can for the most part make my own hours...as long as I get all my hours in for the week...and part of my job allows me to work at home.  Which working from home with a super cute baby is a lot harder than I thought it would be.  I really should be doing some work right now since the little man is sleeping but instead I am doing EVERYTHING but work :)

The whole going back to work situation was pretty stressful when we first moved to MD and for probably the first month after we had the baby.  We called what seemed to be 100's 10 different daycare places trying to get Jackson in. Everywhere we called either had a waiting list that was from 6 months to 2 years long, they didn't take infants or they costed more a week than what I make!  It was pretty insane.  The Man and I then figured out that there was only 3 weeks that he would still be on day shift before going to his actual job, which is 2nd shift, after I started back to work.  A light bulb came on and we called Nicki to see if she was up for the task of being our live-in nanny for 3 weeks until we were working opposite shifts.  She was totally up for it, granted we did sweeten the deal a little and even agreed to pay her & feed her :)

I think having Nicki here to watch the little man probably made it a little easier going back to work but boy oh boy am I ever excited when I get home and he gets a big smile on his face when he sees me....probably one of my favorite things right now!

Nicki left us on Saturday so today was the first day that the Man and I where on our own with taking care of  Jackson and both working.  So far I think this new routine for us will work out pretty good....hopefully in the fall Josiah's school schedule won't add too much more stress on to us and this new routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment