Yes I am well aware that I only blogged twice in June....blogging has been neglected big time since the little man has arrived. I am still working on fitting it into a daily/weekly/monthly routine....so bare with me a little bit longer!
Anyways, to the point of this entry.
Wednesday happened to be the 4th of July, which is my FAVORITE holiday not counting my birthday. Well it is now also a little bit of a sad day. That night my iPhone was accidentally dropped down a street drain. I think the worst part was that when we shined a light down we could see it sitting there, staring back at us from a 10 ft hole. Now most people might be surprised by this but I really didn't get too upset about it. I mean I have had the phone for almost 2 years and have gotten my monies worth out of it and was planning to upgrade this fall anyways to the iPhone 5. The part that I am the most angry about is that I lost over 1,000 photos that I had taken. There were tons of pictures of the baby and of trips and things the man and I did.
So the moral of the story is do one of two options: 1.) use the iPhone cloud....it automatically backs up ALL of your photos to your computer or iPad do not ask why I didn't use this...super frustrating! or 2.) get a Google+ account which I have and it will upload all of your photos to its cloud server so you can then get them from the internet. The tricky part with Google+ is that it only uploads the ones that are taken since you used the app, so no past photos and it only uploads them when you open the app so you have to remember to at least open it once a week to get all the photos from that week saved.
Google+ did have a few of my pictures saved the middle of May through the end of June but other than that I pretty much lost all my pictures. Granted a lot of them were taken using Instagram so I can go on there and see them or create a photo book with one of the serves that allows you to upload directly from Instagram but that is about it.
I also never realized how dependent I was on my phone. I couldn't even pick up groceries because I have an app that I use to make a grocery list and I had NO idea as to what was on the list or what we needed at the house off the top of my head! Hopefully I can get a cheap phone to get me through till this fall when the iPhone 5 comes out and then I will be getting that and for sure using the cloud service!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment