Since the little man is sleeping and I have tons of actual work to do I find my self wanting to write a blog post....I really need to learn to stop procrastinating!
Moving out of the great state of Wisconsin has enlightened the Man and I on quite a few different things. People in other states really don't drink as much as people in WI. There really are way more religions than the typical 3 or 4 you usually come across in WI. Speaking only 1 language really does make you a minority pretty much every where else in the country! And this last one is what the whole post is about: There are many different ways to parent and raise your child.
Now Time Magazine recently put out an article about attachment parenting. Now before I moved to California I had NO idea as to what attachment parenting was. The Man does not like to jump on "bandwagons" or "fads". And to him that is exactly what attachment parenting is. But what this "fad" did was open our eyes to a different way than either one of us had ever thought to parent. We thought we owed it to Jackson to at least look into all the options for everything that pertained to him and make the best decision from that.
So far here is where we are at on some of the different issues:
- we formula feed
- we use disposable diapers
- we immunize at the recommended times
- at night he sleeps in a pack-n-play next to our bed (we do not co-sleep)
- I own 2 ring slings and love to wear the baby when its not to warm out
- we didn't let him cry it out at all until he was 3 months old (now we will not let him cry for more than 10 min.)
Now the whole thing that started this post was that the Man and I are now looking into Baby Led Weaning. It is a different way to go about feeding your baby solids than the normal purees. When I first heard about people I knew doing this I found it really odd. The more I thought about it though the more it made sense. I personally am a VERY picky eater and I do not want my kid to grow up and be a picky eater. Josiah totally agrees with me on this reason and the fact that it will get us eating better and more diverse meals.
Since we didn't know a whole lot about it and what it all entailed we purchased 2 books off of amazon: Baby-Led Weaning: The Essential Guide to Introducing Solid Foods and Helping Your Baby to Grow Up a Happy and Confident Eater and The Baby-Led Weaning Cookbook. We are currently reading the books but from what we have learned from Google & in our reading this is something that we want to try.
Sorry about the super long post just to get to 1 little point. But look for more posts on how our BLW is coming along and if we stick with it or find out it is not something we want to continue with.
This sounds interesting! I'll have to look into it! We've always leaned towards attachment parenting...but love looking into all diff. ideas! I think you've inspired me to do a little post on that too:)
ReplyDelete