Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Monday Market

So this past week Nicki and I were lucky enough to have our Dad come visit us.  While he was here we did a few different things.  One of the small adventures we had was going to the Monday Market in the neighboring town.  I have always wanted to go but was honestly to scared to go by myself...so I made my Dad and Nicki check it out with me.

The Monday Market is a flea market type event that happens every Monday from 6 a.m. till 2 p.m. Because it is there EVERY Monday I didn't think it would be a very large thing but was I ever wrong!  This was probably the largest flea market I have ever been too.  I wish I would have taken more pictures of how many people were there shopping and with booths set up.  You could buy things like fresh fruit & veggies, spices, clothes, purses, jewelry, new furniture, garage sale type items, dish network, or if you really wanted there were a couple people selling birds.  It was crazy and never ending.  We ended up purchasing some oranges, grapes and churros.  Oh and we also tried Cocos Frios....it is a cup of cut up fruit (we had watermelon) that they then put some spices and lime juice on top of it the only reason we tried it was when I first moved here someone told me that I had to try cocos frios because it was amazing....They were wrong!  Watermelon should not be spicy and salty with a hint of lime.  So we ended up throwing most of it away but at least I can say I tried it.

Ok enough with the words and on to some photos!


baskets of peanuts

Candies




No comments:

Post a Comment