Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Surprise It's A....

GIRL!!

Well at least that is what I thought for the past week.  Last week I had an ultrasound at the hospital on base, their ultrasounds do not provide the clearest picture for the record.  On base they do not tell you the sex of your baby but I thought I would ask anyways.  And sure enough my doctor said he would try to tell me.  After some searching he came to the conclusion that I was having a sweet baby girl.  He did say that he was only about 90% sure and that my OB out in town would be able to see a better picture and give me a much more confident answer.  

Nicki & I left that appointment all excited that Josiah & I were having a girl.  We told the rest of our families and even a couple friends.  Nicki made me take her to Target so she could buy the baby something since we finally knew the sex, we came home with 2 outfits that should be boy clothes but would work for a girl and a grey tutu.  Josiah & I have been going back and forth all week long on what we should name this baby girl and finally decided that we would have to wait till she was born to make a decision because Scout and Harper just represent two different types of personalities. 

Now today was my appointment out in town with the MUCH better ultrasound.  And we told the lady that we wanted to know the sex of the baby and that last week our doctor thought it was a girl.  Within 10 seconds of starting the ultrasound she was like you are having a boy....wait what?? a BOY!!!  Yep Josiah and I are happy to announce that we are having a baby boy!  I am pretty sure that he was not impressed that the whole past week we were calling him a girl and even picking out girl clothes because he was determined that we would see EVERYTHING and know that he is a boy and NOT a girl.



1 comment: