Monday, November 7, 2011

San Diego Trip

This past weekend Nicki and I decided to visit a friend of mine down in San Diego.  Part of the reason for picking this exact weekend to go was that the Packers happened to be playing the Chargers there.  So we thought it would be fun and exciting to watch the game together.

The entire weekend was amazing!  We did not have ANYTHING planned besides to watch the Packer game on Sunday.  Oh I lied Nicki and I did have my friend Ali make us appointments to get our hair cut while we were down there.  If you saw how my hair turned out the one time I had it cut in the almost 2 years of living here you would drive any distance to get a good hair cut and eyebrow wax :)

I had to work Friday morning but we managed to leave the house by 1:30 which our ETA was 6:30 or somewhere close to there.  Little did we know ok well we kind of figured but didn't think it would be as bad as it was we hit L.A. traffic at 4 p.m.  So our scheduled 5-6 hour drive turned into an 8 hour trip!  It wouldn't have been so bad except for 2 1/2 hours we drove a total of 18 miles ANNOYING! Even that wouldn't have been so bad except I was tired, hungry & had to pee!  Like every trip we take over 15 min long Nicki and I packed some snacks...I am pretty sure I ate 90% of the snacks we had in that 18 mile stretch and I might have even told Nicki that she was not allowed to eat ANY of my crackers.  Sorry Nicki, I know you were hungry too but at that time I was not willing to share with anyone.

We finally made it to our destination at 9:30 p.m. The next day we went to our hair appointments and we both now feel so much better about life  who knew a haircut and eyebrow wax could do that! Then Saturday night we went out downtown to the Gaslamp District. Nicki got to ride a mechanical bull while having a bunch of random Packer fans cheer her on and was easily the best bull rider of the night at least while we were there.  We went to a few other places and overall just had a really relaxing night people watching and listening to good music at a few different types of bars.

Sunday morning we decided to travel to Coronado to go over the giant bridge and check out Coronado Island.  It was a little on the cold side but other than that it was very fun seeing the ocean/beach and the Hotel del Coronado. We also checked out Seaport Village which is full of all sorts of shops.  And then it was time for the big game!  Happy to say that the Packers won :)

Our drive home was SO much better than the drive there! We made it home in 5 hours and that included 2 stops along the way.  We did have to leave before the game was over to beat the traffic but I think Nicki would agree with me that it was worth it.

I really should have taken some pictures while I was there but it was such a relaxing weekend that it didn't really occur to me.  So sorry that this is such a long, wordy post!

No comments:

Post a Comment